How long should a person be on Fosamax?

Generally biophosphonates, such as Fosamax, are given for period of 4 to 5 years.
See: http://www.drugs.com/fosamax.html
http://www.drugs.com/enc/osteoporosis.html

I just had a friend who crushed her shoulder--she had been on Fosamax and a osteoporosis specialist took her off and fast, Fosamax has been proven to cause weakening of bone instead of strenthing them especially the thigh bone which is the largest bone in the body if it can weaken that bone could you imagine what it did for her shoulder--what shoulder none left. Calcium 600mg/Vit. D 400mg is about the best at least 1 tablet at meal times 2x a day is the best there is sometimes 3x a day is needed, do not change anything without consulting medical personnel first though, marjorie zych