I suffer from migraines and occasionally get an injection of Torodol which works great. I was told today that they couldn't give me any at this time because of the Prednisone still being in my system.
This question has also been asked and answered here:
How long does prednisone stay in your system for... I have bronchitis?
14 Jun 2011
The elimination half life of prednisone is around 3 to 4 hours. This is the time it takes for your body to reduce the plasma levels by half.
It usually takes around 5.5 half lives for a drug to be completely eliminated from your system.
With that in mind you could expect a dose or prednisone to be out of your system 16.5 to 22 hours later.
Other factors also need to be taken into account and include:
1. How much and how often you have taken the drug.
2. Your metabolic rate – a slower metabolism will increase the time a drug remains in your system.
3. Your age and health – older age and poor health will generally increase the time the drug stays in your system.
4. Body mass – generally the bigger you are the longer a drug will remain in your system.
Hope this is of help.
- Prednisone Information for Consumers
- Prednisone Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Prednisone (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
I am newly diagnosed with ra(we think)-being treated with 40mg prednisone,6ml injection methotrexate,folic acid,400mg hydroxychloroquine-1st big ...
Dosages anywhere from 15-90mg but on average 80mg. Also time wise over two years of use.
I was prescibed prednisone for serious sinus issues; 60 mgs. for 5 days and gradually tapering off over 14 days total. About 1/2 way through I began ...
Went To Docs Yesterday For A Migraine That I Would've Rather Died Than Had. I Dont Remember What She Said It was. Can Anyone Help ?