How long does valium stay in your system?

How long a drug stays in your system depends on it's elimination half life.

For Valium (diazepam) the initial distribution phase is followed by a prolonged terminal elimination phase (half-life up to 48 hours). The terminal elimination half-life of the active metabolite N-desmethyldiazepam is, on average, 100 hours.

So you would actually have to account for the elimination of N-desmethyldiazepam.

It takes 5.5 x elimination half live (hours) for a medicine to be cleared from your system, therefore Valium or it's active metabolite ill be in your system for 550 hours (5.5 x 100hrs) i.e. approximately 23 days.