How long does Plavix stay in the body once I stop taking it. How much Plavix is to much?

The recommended daily dose of Plavix is 75 milligrams once a day. To give people with unstable angina an extra boost, their first dose is usually increased to 300 milligrams. Anything more than this is too much.

After a single, oral dose of 75 mg, Plavix (clopidogrel) has a half-life of approximately 6 hours. The half-life of the active metabolite is about 30 minutes.

It takes 5.5 x half-lifes of a medicine for it to be out of one's system. So Plavix should be cleared from your system in about 5.5 x 6 hours = 33 hours.

http://www.drugs.com/plavix.html

http://www.drugs.com/pro/plavix.html