How long does it take for Effexor XR to get into your system and start working?

It depends on your body´s chemistry, but, it usually takes about 3 to 4 days (usually 4) to begin to notice the difference. As for the full effects 6-8 weeks.

Take care.-

It took me the whole 8 weeks to get the full effect but boy what a difference it made. It was worth the wait.

eleng 15 Jan 2011

How you start to feel better and did you feel normal in one day after 8 weeks? How many mg were you getting? I started with 75mg first week, after 150mg the second week, 225 the third week and for teh first time after many antidep I was feeling a little better (eventhough no contact with nature, and with the outside), but I was cleaning my house, organizing, and especially evening enjoying some tv shows. The fourth week I increased my self for only two days to 300mg and took it twice daily. Oh boy I went crazy... I had such a bad experience for straight six days... I'm two weeks back on 225mg once daily and still not feeling as that week. So, I'm wondering if I should wait because I know it the right for me I felt it the third week (and I didn't have any side effects once I started the effexor xr, but any at all). My doctor told if in two weeks is not working I should consider switching... i'm tired of switching...