How long does it take for a sprained ankle to heal?

it is depending on how bad it is..Ankle sprains vary in severity and heal with a little rest and time..Since ligaments do not have large blood supplies, they tend to be slow to heal, and usually take over 6 weeks. Controlling the swelling is also important to help heal sprains. Elevating sprained ankles when sitting, icing and using compression by wrapping ankles can all help with reducing swelling... An ankle spuuort might also help too..
If you have already been to the doctor he should have told you how long.
good luck..