How long does ambien stay in ur blood system?

The half life of Ambien is 2 hours.
This means that every 2 hours, half of the previous amount of Ambien in the body disappears.
For example, if you took 10mg of Ambien at 10pm, at 12PM 5mg of Ambien will be left in your body. At 2am, 2.5mg will be left, and so forth until there is 0mg left in your body.

Most drugs are cleared from the body within 5 or 6 half-lives. In the case of Ambien this is 10 to 12 hours.
This is only an estimate however. Each individual person will metabolize drugs differently depending on things such as weight, health, age, metabolism etc.

http://www.drugs.com/answers/ambien-how-long-it-stays-in-system-drug-test-for-393765.html