How long do you need to wait to take suboxone if you have been taking hydrocodone?

You need to score a minimum accumulative score of 26 or higher on the COWS (clinical opioid w/d scale) worksheet. I will attach a link for your convenience. Make sure and notice that there are two pages.

http://www.suboxone.com/pdfs/OWR.pdf

Here to follow is a link for the entire process except the very end of the taper. Different people find it necessary to do different things at the end. Most of us do a process of skipping days. Here is the tapering link.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-drugs/suboxone-subutex-therapy-50887.html

Let me know if there is anything you need help with. Hope all this helps. God bless. : )

troyamy 28 Feb 2010

thanks for your answers. i have been taking hydrocodone for about 4 years. i have worked my way up to 70mgs a day so i guess my question is do i still need to wait 24hrs before i take suboxone ? i have never been without my meds,so i am really nervous about having to go through withdrawls.

Anonymous

You need to wait a minimum of 24 hours and reach the 26 on the COWS test. If you are taking upwards of 10 lortab a day, you might want to wait 36 hours. I know it is hard, but, if you wait the proper time frame, you will get relief in as little as 15 minutes.

Anonymous 28 Feb 2010

if you don't wait the proper time, you will go into precipitated withdrawal and that will feel awful. The receptor sites in the brain have to be vacant of all opiate before the suboxone can fit on there and work. You can do it, Best of Luck.