How long are xanax detectable in a urine test?

It depends on the person. The manufacture states that in their clinical study that the half life of Xanax is a maximum of 26.9 hours. So it will take a maximum of 53.8 hours for most healthy adults. This could differ from person to person. As long as you're well hydrated and a healthy person it should be out of your system within 53.8 hours. Hope this helps. Good Luck!

jayceer 15 Mar 2012

Your answer is wrong. That is not how half life is calculated. Most drugs should be undetectable in 5 half lives but may take longer. For example, If you take 1mg of Xanax in 26.9 you will have .5 mg detectable then you have to wait another 36.9 for it to go down to .25. It would be 134.5 hrs for it to drop to .03125 mg. I dont know the acceptable ng/l (nano grams per liter) for each specific UA test and if this would make it drop below the acceptable rate but if it does not you shoulbe fine by 7 half live. So to answer the original question you should be ok in 134.5 hr to 188.3 hrs (5.6 to 7.85 days). You still have some in your system in 7.85 days but it should not give a positive result.

jayceer 15 Mar 2012

Your answer is wrong. That is not how half life is calculated. Most drugs should be undetectable in 5 half lives but may take longer. For example, If you take 1mg of Xanax in 26.9 you will have .5 mg detectable then you have to wait another 26.9 for it to go down to .25. It would be 134.5 hrs for it to drop to .03125 mg. I dont know the acceptable ng/l (nano grams per liter) for each specific UA test and if this would make it drop below the acceptable rate but if it does not you shoulbe fine by 7 half live. So to answer the original question you should be ok in 134.5 hr to 188.3 hrs (5.6 to 7.85 days). You still have some in your system in 7.85 days but it should not give a positive result.

http://www.drugs.com/answers/161337/comment/?reply=107428