How long does zoloft take to work?

Anonymous

Quote: (scroll down to... How should I take Zoloft?)

"It may take 4 weeks or longer before you start feeling better. Do not stop using Zoloft without first talking to your doctor. You may have unpleasant side effects if you stop taking this medication suddenly. Store Zoloft at room temperature away from moisture and heat."

More information:

http://www.drugs.com/zoloft.html

Take care,

Dear patty64,
As with any anti-depressant it varies. Sometimes you can see results in as little as 1 week but more than likely it will take a good 2 to 3 weeks to build up in your system. . Hope you had a good 4th.

See this link to a similarly asked question:
http://www.drugs.com/answers/how-long-does-zoloft-take-to-work-22000.html

Hello patty64! I have been on Zoloft for many years now an it has really helped control my symptoms of depression and anxiety. I started feeling the effects about a week and a half. I felt the full effects in about two weeks. I know that everyone may respond differently since our chemical make up is not the same. So give it at least 3-4 weeks. If you do not feel any changes I would see my doctor. I do have insomnia and did gain some weight on Zoloft but not everyone gets those side effects. I wish you the best! Sweetie Pie

Everyone has different body chemistry so results may vary. However, I will tell you about my experience.

Days 1-3 I took a 50 mg. pill before I went to bed and the next morning I woke up and my mind was no longer racing and I was able to think rationally for the first time in a long time and my emotions were no longer spinning out of control. I woke up with extreme dry-mouth, nausea and I kind of felt like I was tripping on acid. These side effects lasted for about three days.

Days 3-7 The trippy feeling went away and I started feeling a euphoria like all of my anxiety and negative thoughts had just been lifted. The Zoloft is actually beginning to work and it started flooding my brain with Serotonin. However this was not a permanent condition. Because my brain decided I was producing too much Serotonin and production came to a grinding halt.