How does this affect someone with scleroderma and hypothyroidism?

It is common for people with systemic scleroderma to also have other health problems, and thyroid disease including hypothyroidism can often be associated with it.
Symptoms include progressive weight gain, decreased tolerance to cold temperatures, sluggishness, slowing of mental functions, and in advanced stages, the development of skin lesions on the feet.
For more information see: http://www.scleroderma.org/medical/other_articles/Jimenez_1999.shtm#Hypothyroidism
http://www.drugs.com/enc/hypothyroidism.html