How does the healeh risks of nicotine gum compare ith chewing tobacco?

Nicotine gum still contains nicotine. Go to KillTheCan.org. That site is specifically for people trying to quit chewing tobacco and the guys will definitely help you get through your quit... without the use of any nicotine substitute. You don't need that crutch!

It’s far less harmful for a person to get nicotine from a nicotine replacement product than from cigarettes because tobacco smoke contains many toxic and cancer-causing substances. Long-term use of nicotine replacement products is not known to be associated with any serious harmful effects

See: http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/Tobacco/cessation for more information.