How does Pregnyl work, and about how many shots do you need to take before you get pregnant?

Pregnyl (human chorionic gonadotropin - HCG) is a hormone that supports the normal development of an egg in a woman's ovary, and stimulates the release of the egg during ovulation.

HCG is used to cause ovulation and to treat infertility in women.

Human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) is given as an injection under the skin or into a muscle. If you use this medicine at home, your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist will give you specific instructions on how and where to inject this medicine. Do not self-inject this medicine if you do not fully understand how to give the injection and properly dispose of used needles and syringes.