How does Opana ER compare to OxyContin?

After Purdue shocked us all with their reformulation of Oxycontin, the rats, I immediately tried the Opana ER 40mg & 30mg for breakthrough. For those of us who take our medication as it's intended to be taken, by swallowing them whole, they are about 1/3 as strong & shouldn't be considered "ER". They definately didn't last but 4 or so hours. Read below the answer I've been posting for people who have had bad reactions to the Purdue's new oxy.

Anonymous 11 Sep 2011

My doctor is trying to find a pain med that will ease the nerve damage pain from back surgery. I've been on hydro, patches and now am on Opana ER 10 mg. I have severe side effects, such as, extreme sweating, stomach pains, constipation, etc. I still need to take hydro at night to ease the back and leg pain. I take the Opana twice a day. Does anyone have the same type of side effects and does anyone have any ideas as to what pain med may help without such severe side effects? Appreciate all help. Thank you.