How does gammagard differ from gammunex?

The main difference between the two is that the Immunoglobulin A (IgA) content of the Gamunex is higher by 9 μg/mL.

Gammagard (immune globulin) is a sterilized solution made from human plasma. It contains the antibodies to help your body protect itself against infection from various diseases.

Gammagard is used to treat primary immune deficiency disorders, and to reduce the risk of infection in individuals with poorly functioning immune systems such as those with chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL). Gammagard is also used to increase platelets (blood clotting cells) in people with idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP) and to prevent aneurysm caused by a weakening of the main artery in the heart associated with Kawasaki syndrome.

Gamunex (immune globulin) is a sterilized solution made from human plasma. It contains the antibodies to help your body protect itself against infection from various diseases.