How does Atorvastatin calcium work for COPD patients?

Atorvastatin is a cholesterol lowering drug. It is used to lower high cholesterol levels. Atorvastatin is also used to lower the risk of stroke, heart attack, or other heart complications in people with coronary heart disease or type 2 diabetes.

Recently studies on COPD patients have shown that Statins eg Atorvastatin may have a role to play in treating COPD . Statins seem to suppress pulmonary inflammation (lung swelling) This line of treatment is new. For more information you should discuss this with your Doctor.