How do you think the launch of Onglyza will pan out in India?

The Launch of Onglyza will definitely hold a broad market in India. In India with around 51 Million diabetes patients.. India promises to be amongst the most lucrative diabetes markets in the world. In 2011 the total sales of Insulin and Non-Insulin Anti-diabetics reached US$ 448 Million. Although, this represents just a fraction of the global sales.

1) IMARC expects DPP-IV Inhibitors to occupy 17% of the total Non-Insulin Anti-diabetics market by 2015.
2) The total number of diabetes patients in India is expected to reach 87 Million by 2030.
3) Enhanced Medical Infrastructure – Numbers of doctors.
4) Treatment of Chronic disease.
5) Greater Health Insurance coverage.
6) New market in existing white space.