How do you get your child to take azithromycin, it taste so bad?

You could possibly crush the tablet & mix it with some sweetener that your child likes so that he.she can take the tablet, however please do speak to the doc/pharmacist. It is also available as an liquid.

# Azithromycin 100 mg/5 mL liquid -- each teaspoon (5 ml) containing 100 mg of azithromycin

# Azithromycin 200 mg/5 mL liquid-- each teaspoon (5 ml) containing 200 mg of azithromycin.

Take care, wish your child well!

Hi Mike. Rajive is right. You could ask your pharmacist to have the medication in the more flavorful liquid form. There's also ways of disguising it in foods such as apple sauce, mashed potatoes, even jello. Good luck on finding a tasty solution!

What a sweet parent for trying to get good advice :)

I must share my story... I got respitory infections often as a child. I HATED my medicine. My parents would lay me on the floor, mom would sit on top of me (straddling me) and holding my arms down and my dad would force the meds into my mouth! I hated it!!!

So I have no advice other then my childhood trauma ;)