Hi. I had surgery for a hernia about a little over a month ago. I've been taking percocet since a little before the surgery, and now I am running out, I only have a few left. I know I don't really need them anymore for pain but I can't help taking them. When I don't have it I feel absolutely horrible. I tried stopping but now I can't sleep. I don't know what to do. It is nearing the end of my semester at school and things are really stressful. i have 21 credits and i'm a music major, I have big performances coming up and i'm nervous.

First of all is it possible to be addicted after having them for like a month or am I just making a big deal out of nothing? Does anybody have any suggestions for what I can do? because I don't know if I can deal with this awful feeling and try to pull off getting through this semester..thanks so much for anybody who might be able to help!

Oh by the way I was taking about 8-10 a day of the 5/325 up until about a week and a half ago. Since then I've just been taking between 1-3 a day because I don't want to run out..