How do I get rid of burning mouth syndrome?

I found a web page that may help you:

http://www.herbalremedies.com/burningmouth.html

Hope this helps

potentate2013 14 May 2010

I presently take Alpha Lipolic Acid 600 mg referred to me by my dentist. I do think that it may help some. I have had my cortisol checked and it is fine. I see a therapist at least once a month for deep relaxation therapy. I chew a lot of gum, and I drink lots of cold water.

Liz6923 16 May 2010

After many frustrating visits to doctors, I went to the health food store. Chamomile tea has proved very soothing to my mouth and tongue. I also purchased Alpha-Lipoic Acid capsules - taking three 200mg per day but have been on long enough to see if it gives healing results. None of the four doctors would prescribe Neurotin for me but I think it is because I am BiPolar and a side effect of Neurotin is sucidal tendencies. PLEASE keep us posted on anything that works for you.

I highly recommend making an appointment with an Oral/Maxillofacial physician if the efforts of your dentist and/or primary physician have failed. The following is a list of medications that have been proven effective in treating BMS. However, to reiterate, I strongly recommend you seek the assistance of a medical/dental professional prior to self-treatment.

The following medications are used in treating BMS: Klonopin; Alpha Lipolic Acid; Numoisyn (artificial saliva); Magic Mouth Wash; Biotene (mouthwash, gum); Lidocaine viscous solution; brush oral cavity once daily with 1 tbs.baking soda mixed with 1/2 cup warm warm then rinse with cold water.

I hope this information is of help to everyone suffering from this condition.