How do I get rid of burning mouth syndrome?

I found a web page that may help you:

Hope this helps

potentate2013 14 May 2010

I presently take Alpha Lipolic Acid 600 mg referred to me by my dentist. I do think that it may help some. I have had my cortisol checked and it is fine. I see a therapist at least once a month for deep relaxation therapy. I chew a lot of gum, and I drink lots of cold water.

Liz6923 16 May 2010

After many frustrating visits to doctors, I went to the health food store. Chamomile tea has proved very soothing to my mouth and tongue. I also purchased Alpha-Lipoic Acid capsules - taking three 200mg per day but have been on long enough to see if it gives healing results. None of the four doctors would prescribe Neurotin for me but I think it is because I am BiPolar and a side effect of Neurotin is sucidal tendencies. PLEASE keep us posted on anything that works for you.

cindabee 9 Jun 2010

I have been on Neurontin due to nerve incapsulation in my neck for a year and have experienced no relief from my BMS, in fact it seems to have worsened. I have tried rinsing with a mixture of Kaopectate and peroxide which provided only momentary relief. It is now affecting my sense of taste. I have done significant research and there have been few clinical trials for this syndrome. Mine is not Sjorgren's related. It began shortly after suffering several TIAs (mini-strokes). I wish there was an actual support group. I'm finding it very difficult to deal with this.

cindabee 24 Dec 2010

I have been on Neurontin for a year for nerve pain. It has not provided any relief for my BMS. The symptoms have been worsening in the past few months. I am at my wits end. I have lost much of my sense of taste. I have found that Neutrogena lip balm (in the dark blue tube) does provide some lessening of my lip burning.

hopeathome 25 Jan 2011

I had to get a full upper denture made 2 years ago. the temporary denture (made of the same components) gave me no troubles. 15 days after getting the permanent denture I started having Burning mouth syndrome.I have had this now for 18 months. I have tried everything. Even having the denture re- cured. Alpha lipiotic acid, an herbal remedy Bomarax... you name it,nothing has helped. I've checked all and any RX drugs I'm taking as well as supplements. I get some relief when I leave my denture out.This is horrible because now don't leave my home much. Eating helps as does drinking lot's of water. I limit coffee and don't smoke.Most dentist think it's all in my head. Have any of you had BMS with new dentures? My general practitioner is going to try me on elavil and klonopin. I already take low dose Klonopin and Neurontin for restless legs. My next step is to try a vinyl denture. Have any of you tried that?
ANY feedback would be most welcome.
Thanks, Hope

I highly recommend making an appointment with an Oral/Maxillofacial physician if the efforts of your dentist and/or primary physician have failed. The following is a list of medications that have been proven effective in treating BMS. However, to reiterate, I strongly recommend you seek the assistance of a medical/dental professional prior to self-treatment.

The following medications are used in treating BMS: Klonopin; Alpha Lipolic Acid; Numoisyn (artificial saliva); Magic Mouth Wash; Biotene (mouthwash, gum); Lidocaine viscous solution; brush oral cavity once daily with 1 tbs.baking soda mixed with 1/2 cup warm warm then rinse with cold water.

I hope this information is of help to everyone suffering from this condition.