How do I get my doctor to prescribe armour thyroid for me?

You simply go to the doctor, possibly take a couple tests to ensure the diagnosis, and then the proper medication will be given at the proper dosage.

If your going to a new doctor, and you've been previously prescribed this medication with success, then just bring in or get ahold of your records for the new doctor to review.

Best of luck to you!
Jeff K

I've heard some doctors are reluctant to prescribe Armour for their patients, but I am not sure why (maybe cost, or insurance companies?). If you do have a thyroid disorder and your doctor wants to give you other drugs for it you can ask them to change to Armour, but it might be difficult.

I'd like to say that the doctor knows best, but if other medications aren't working for you then you should try to see if you can get them to change to Armour or other drugs that work better for you.

The important thing is to ask your doctor.