How critical is the use by date?

Casodex is taken as prescribed by the doc.Follow the directions on your prescription label.

Casodex is given as part of a combination prostate cancer treatment with another medication called a luteinizing (LOO-tee-in-ize-ing) hormone-releasing hormone, or LHRH. This medication prevents the testicles from producing testosterone.

Casodex is usually taken once per day in the morning or evening. You may take the medicine with or without food. Try to take the medication at the same time each day.

LHRH is given as an injection or a tiny implant injected through a needle under the skin around your navel. LHRH injections are given at intervals such as once every 4 weeks. Follow your doctor's instructions.

You should not start taking Casodex until you have received the LHRH injection prescribed as part of your treatment.

It all depends on what you are referring to. Please let us know what the name in question is please. Most use by dates can go a little farther about 3-4 daye longer but it is not reccomended, that is why they are there. So if you write in and let me know what the item is that you are trying to use I probably can be of more help. Sorry I couldn't help more. marjorie zych