How can I find the ingredints in the yellow coating on Lisinopril?

Anonymous

Hi,

The ianctive igredients of the medication is yellow ferric acid:
An acid, H2FeO4, which is not known in the free state, but forms definite salts, analogous to the chromates and sulphates.

Lisinopril is an oral long-acting angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor. Lisinopril, a synthetic peptide derivative, is chemically described as (S)-1-[N2-(1-Carboxy-3-phenyl-propyl)-L-lysyl]-L-proline dihydrate. Its empirical formula is C21H31N3O5·2H2O and its structural formula is:

Lisinopril is a white to off-white crystalline powder, with a molecular weight of 441.53. It is soluble in water and sparingly soluble in methanol and practically insoluble in ethanol. Lisinopril tablets are supplied as 2.5 mg, 5 mg, 10 mg, 20 mg, 30 mg and 40 mg tablets for oral administration. Inactive Ingredients:

chicagoskyway 6 Aug 2010

I appreciate your help. Thank you very much.

Anonymous 6 Aug 2010

You are welcome---