Herpes Simplex - Want are the chances my boyfriend has herpes if we has sex during an out break?

Hello Bbcampos. Chances are that it was passed on. Regards pledge

Chances are quite good if an uninfected partner has unprotected sex when the infected partner is having an outbreak. You either want to avoid sex altogether or use condoms for intercourse and forgo oral sex unless you use some kind of barrier to protect oral mucosa. Some say plastic wrap placed across the vagina for oral sex works. It can spread not only to the penis but also the mouth and anal area as well. The best way is to avoid contact until your outbreak has passed. Do you use daily prophylaxis like a dose of Valtrex daily to help prevent outbreaks? Be sure that your partner is aware that you are having an outbreak before you have sex and give him the choice to not expose himself.

The chances are very good that it was passed on to him! He needs to be tested ASAP!! and forgive me for asking this, but, did you tell him that you have Herpes and were having an outbreak before you had sex with him? I so hope that you did!!

hello Bbcampos,
I say the chances of your partner getting it passed on to him is very high, did u use any type protection..such as a condom..even them when having an outbreak it is still possible for they r not 100%..they can break have a hole in them etc..just giving examples... did u tell your partner that u have this illness? I feel in my opinion now that u have possibly given it to him, and I am not a doctor so I am not 100% sure, but if u have unprotected sex, meaning no condom etc... then u definitely passed it on in my opinion, and I think that u should have the respect to tell him this so he can be treated, but this is your decision not mine I am just saying if I had sex with a man, I would have told him before I even had sex what my illness was it's about respect and letting him get tested to get the proper treatment... good luck... angel1662

Hi Bbcmpos,

I hope for him he does not get it! That was really not responsible on your part! I had a friend that had it too and met a new boyfriend had sex with him also and never told him. They are still together as far as I know. But she told me that she didn't want to tell him because she didn't want to loose him. Not very responsible because as you know once you have it, it is for life. Very hard to treat and get relief. She got it herself from a boyfriend and was really upset and broke it off with him. I no longer see her anymore because of it. Because she is not responsible, not the virus.
Tell him to get tested right away, and use protection if he is still around next time.

Smileyhappy