Hepatitis C - is hep. c tramittable to your partner and how is this done?

Hepatitis C is believed to be transmitted only by blood. However, unlike many other blood borne viruses (like HIV) virtually any source of blood or blood products seems to be capable of carrying the virus, even if the source is indirect - like a used razor, for example. This makes hepatitis C far more transmissible than most other blood borne viruses - including HIV.

Are you talking about a sexual partner? It is pretty hard to get hep c by monogomous couples. The rate of getting it through sex is less then 4% if I remember correctly. It seems homosexuals get it more frequent especially if they have many partners. Here is something I copied from medhelp below.
Blood-to-blood contact during sexual activity between an infected and uninfected partner. (In this context, menstrual blood should be treated as any other kind of blood.) The risk of transmission during sex is not precisely known but is thought to be quite low. The risk of transmission is less than 3% for partners of hepatitis C infected persons involved in a monogamous relationship.