Heart Disease - how does avapro help with chf?

Heart failure, also called congestive heart failure, is a condition in which the heart can no longer pump enough blood to the rest of the body.

Avapro (irbesartan) is in a group of drugs called angiotensin II receptor antagonists. It keeps blood vessels from narrowing, which lowers blood pressure and improves blood flow. It works by decreasing the levels of certain chemicals in the body.

Angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs) are prescribed to reduce the workload of the heart; this class of drug is especially important for those who cannot tolerate ACE inhibitors

http://www.drugs.com/enc/heart-failure.html

http://www.drugs.com/avapro.html