Have you experienced terrible side effects from using Cipro/Flagyl for bacterial infections?

All medicines have side effects but not everyone experiences them. You may find some of these patient reviews interesting.
http://www.drugs.com/comments/ciprofloxacin/cipro.html
http://www.drugs.com/comments/metronidazole/flagyl.html

Yes! It made my stomach hurt and I felt nauseous the whole time that I had to take it. I also had a headache from beginning to end of prescription. And I do not mean your everyday headache but one so bad I felt like the top of my head was going to blow off! It also affected my equilibrium. My balance was off and I suffered terrible motion sickness .

YES. I was taking for cramping and nausea for colitis. I had MORE diarrhea, MORE nausea, MORE cramping, dizziness, out of breath, and a bad taste in my mouth whenever I tried to eat or drink. Even water tasted bad. I was on Flagyl for 10 days and it was a horrible 10 days. About 1 week before my prescription was used up, I began Pro-Biotics. Now, after 3 weeks, I am almost back to normal - haven't felt this good for over 2 years.
I have NO diarrhea, NO cramping, and NO nausea. I can go out and not worry where the bathrooms are located. Mornings at work are now good!!