Have you experienced terrible side effects from using Cipro/Flagyl for bacterial infections?

Yes! It made my stomach hurt and I felt nauseous the whole time that I had to take it. I also had a headache from beginning to end of prescription. And I do not mean your everyday headache but one so bad I felt like the top of my head was going to blow off! It also affected my equilibrium. My balance was off and I suffered terrible motion sickness .

YES. I was taking for cramping and nausea for colitis. I had MORE diarrhea, MORE nausea, MORE cramping, dizziness, out of breath, and a bad taste in my mouth whenever I tried to eat or drink. Even water tasted bad. I was on Flagyl for 10 days and it was a horrible 10 days. About 1 week before my prescription was used up, I began Pro-Biotics. Now, after 3 weeks, I am almost back to normal - haven't felt this good for over 2 years.
I have NO diarrhea, NO cramping, and NO nausea. I can go out and not worry where the bathrooms are located. Mornings at work are now good!!

All medicines have side effects but not everyone experiences them. You may find some of these patient reviews interesting.