Have read that toprol-xl may cause hair loss?? Any takers!?

Hair loss appears to be a rare complaint in people taking Toprol-XL (metoprolol succinate). In clinical studies prior to the approval of Toprol-XL, hair loss was reported rarely (in less than 1% of people). In many cases, this side effect appears to be reversible (meaning it goes away once the medication is stopped).

If you experience hair loss while taking Toprol-XL, discuss it with the doc. He or she may be able to help you deal with the problem. If the hair loss becomes bothersome, the doctor may recommend trying another medicine for your condition.

I take Toprol-XL and have no hair now.

Best wishes!