Has vimpat been given to kids, my 7 yr old nephew was just prescribed this medicine?

This is what was found on the net: Vimpat (lacosamide) is a prescription medication approved to treat certain types of seizures (known as partial-onset seizures, partial seizures, or focal seizures) in people 17 years old and older. It is approved for use only in combination with other seizure medications.

Please seek an second opinion, all the best.

4milil1 21 Sep 2010

Thank you, that's the advice that I gave to my sister. The doctors are stumped and have no idea really what to give him because he was born with one kidney and the side effects for that reason alone is a huge concern.

Rajive Goel 22 Sep 2010

Most welcome, yes a second opinion is recommended.