Has anyone stopped taking oxycodone and how?

Hey bdtimms,

There are three basic ways to stop taking oxycodone, each with their own pros and cons depending on how much and how often you are taking it. You can quit cold turkey and though have to sweat through the withdrawals be done with the process in around 10 days, you can slowly taper off the oxycodone and avoid the withdrawals but take longer or you can try a medication like Suboxone for opiate detox but then have to wean off it eventually.

If you would like a taper plan, would be willing to come up with one if you can share how many, how often, and what strength oxycodone you are on. It takes some determination but is the best way to avoid withdrawals without the cost of Suboxone.

Here to help anyway I can,

Laurie

bdtimms 30 Oct 2011

I am taking 15mg oxycodone every 3 to 4 hrs for about 7 months now
Thanks for your help

bdtimms 30 Oct 2011

Can oxycodone cause the pain that I am feeling Doctors seem to think that it is the main cause of the pain, and if I go off oxycodone all the pain would go away. What ddo you think?