Has anyone ever used Amitriptyline to help sleep during suboxone withdrawal?

Hey Rozay,

Never taken amitriptyline while on Suboxone, but I checked for interactions and the following link gives the possible interaction:

http://www.drugs.com/interactions-check.php?drug_list=168-0,439-2040

As long as you only took a low dose of amitriptyline, it should be fine.
Amitriptyline might also help with the depression that can accompany opiate withdrawal, though it might take a little while to have that effect.

Best wishes,

Laurie

Anonymous

Yes, it did help some. If you are at a low dose of subs, such as .5 per day or .25, you might find taking at at night helps. It helped me by taking it at night at that point, but, it you are at 2 mgs or more of subs per day, it might keep you up. You might try taking the tee-tiniest crumb of subs at night. Each person is a bit different when tapering off subs. If you can physically walk for exercise, it will help you stabilize during your drops faster.