I was diagnosis with Leukemia after a biopsy it was found to be Sarcoidosis the doctor wanted to put me on Prednisone but I elected to do nothing because I was not having any serious issues other than reduction in breathing. Last year I had an attack of Gout (painful) caused by arthritis in my toe, Prednisone was prescribed for this and it was immediate relief. I am taking the Prednisone only for outbreaks. My concern is by taking prednisone the side effects I am reading and do not wish to take meds if I do not have to, but then again with both Sarcoidosis and Gout both recommend the use of Prednisone I am wondering?
I have also tried alternative health by changing my diet, cherry juice, lemon, lots of water. Once I get past this Gout attack should I use a daily med or continue to use Prednisone for outbreaks? Back ground I have reduced kidney function due to prolonged high blood pressure (hypertension) which is now under control with the use of Lisinopril (ACE inhibitors). I do not want to take any meds or that can affect my kidneys in a negative way.