What would be a good substitute for Lyrica?

Anonymous

Cymbalta is used in the treatment of anxiety; chronic pain; depression; back pain; diabetic peripheral neuropathy (and more), and belongs to the drug class serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors.

Cymbalta is associated with the treatment of:

Anxiety
Back Pain
Chronic Pain
Depression
Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy
Fibromyalgia
Generalized Anxiety Disorder
Osteoarthritis

http://www.drugs.com/cymbalta.html

Savella is used in the treatment of fibromyalgia; reflex sympathetic dystrophy syndrome and belongs to the drug class serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors.

http://www.drugs.com/savella.html

Click on the link for a list of medications:

http://www.drugs.com/condition/fibromyalgia.html

Take care,

masso.-

pickles503 20 Apr 2013

masso, I'm proud of you for the research you did on this question. Very thorough.
Anna

Anonymous 20 Apr 2013

Thank you very much Anna.

Have a fantastic weekend!

Your friend,

masso.-

gabapentin is the closest med to lyrica. I take it instead of lyrica, I have too many side effects with lyrica.

lizzie4 19 Apr 2013

I am on Lyrica for TN, trigeminal neuralgia, and I feel I am getting dementia because of the lyrica, did you find that. '
What side effects do you get on gabapentin, may I ask what you took lyrica for. god bless

sara12345 20 Apr 2013

I also just got diagnosed with Trigeminal Nerve pain. How much Lyrica do you need to take to control the pain? I ask because the doctor prescribed me 75 mg capsules up to 3 times a day, but in the past I found myself feeling drunk from just one of the 75 mg dose. So I've been told to pour out some of the beads from the capsule, but I'm worried if that will treat the pain. My pain has gotten somewhat better temporarily, but times will change.

Hi there, bruce.

I tried cymbalta for my back pain and it helped to start but then I had what is called Pain Rebound. I was in alot of pain and became very depressed.
The most recent findings according to the FDA is that cymbalta has only 50% rate of success when it comes to back pain.
I had to go off the cymbalta and that was another horror story for me as it is one of the hardest SSRIs to discontinue (also according to the FDA).
So please make sure you do your research before starting cymbalta.

pickles503 20 Apr 2013

Hi lady. I didn't know that about Cymbalta. I need to research it. Love ya my little Chickie.

I tried Lyrica. However, it not only made me gain weight but the gained weight made my Fibromyalgia pain worse. They tried me on a few others but Cymbalta seemed to help the most. Also they have me on Sulindac twice daily as well. The combined 2 prescription meds help but I also take supplements to aid in pain relief.