Is Generic Xanax Available?

Generic versions of Xanax are made by the following companies:

* Actavis Elizabeth
* Apotheca, Inc.
* Greenstone
* Mylan Pharmaceuticals
* Sandoz Pharmaceuticals.

Yes, generic Xanax is available.

See: http://www.drugs.com/availability/generic-xanax.html

The following pharmaceutical companies make generic of Xanax (alprazolam):

ALPHAPHARM, SANDOZ, DAVA INTL INC., MYLAN, ACTAVIS ELIZABETH, VINTAGE, SUN PHARMA GLOBAL.

The following companies make extended release formulation of alprazolam, generic of Xanax XR:

WATSON LABS, MYLAN, BARR, SANDOZ, IMPAX LABS, TEVA PHARMS, COREPHARMA, ACTAVIS ELIZABETH, AMNEAL PHARMS, VINTAGE, APOTEX INC., ZYDUS PHARMS USA INC.

Yes, generic Xanax is available in the following strengths:

Alprazolam tablet (oral) 0.25mg, 0.5mg, 1mg, 2mg

and generic Xanax XR is available as:

Alprazolam extended release (oral) 0.5mg, 1mg, 2mg, 3mg

Here are all list of Benzodiazepine drugs and their generic names:

Xanax- Alprazolam
Klonopin-Clonazepam
Chlorodiazepoxide-Tranxene(no longer made)
Clororazepate-Librium
Valium-Diazepam
Prosom-Estazelam
Dalmane-Flurazepam
Paxipam-Halzepam
Ativan-Lorazepam
Centrax-Prazepam
Doral- Quazepam
Restoril-Temazepam
Halcion-Triazolam
Serax- Oxazepam

Yes of Course by many companies here in the Usa,and in the UK, please be careful of purchasing Xanax online,most are from UK and some are made fake!
also Tranxene is atill made in generic form!!! Any other Questions Please Ask
I may be in 'recovery,yet that does not mean that I cANNOt take any Medications as part of my recovery!!! Chloral dipotiasium is the closet spelling that I can dig from my brain for name of generic Tranxene( May Be /wrong!!!

I personally am not a fan of generic xanax. I pay extra for brand name because despite what pharmacists and drug companies tell you, the chemistry of the pill can be slightly altered. At least 3 times my pharmacy told me of the change in manufacturer of their supplied generic xanax. i believe that slight changes had affected my anxiety levels. Just my humble opinion and believe strongly in consistency when it comes to anti-anxiety and antidepressant medications.

Yes, Xanax has been available in generic form for a long time now, why do you ask?