Is there a generic product for Cymbalta?

Not at this time. Cymbalta is still under patent.

Unfortunately not and I'm aware that it can be pretty expensive without insurance. If you go to and type cymbalta into the search box, you will find a coupon from the manufacturer for a free 30 day supply. It can be for any mg and it doesn't matter if it's a new script or a refill or if you have insurance or any type of assistance program. But if memory serves, it's only good until very early December so you should use it quickly.
Hope this helps you out a bit!

As the ladies say, no there is not.

Eli Lilly has the exclusive rights to market Cymbalta until June 2013. This is the earliest possible date that a generic version of Cymbalta could become available. However, there are other circumstances that could come up to extend the exclusivity period of Cymbalta beyond 2013. This could include such things as other patents for specific Cymbalta uses or lawsuits.

Perhaps you can check with the makers of Cymbalta if they can assist you in any way, try it, you never know.

Eli Lilly and Company,
Lilly Corporate Center
Indianapolis, Indiana 46285
Contact Details
Phone: (317) 276-2000

Lilly Cares

Best of luck,

If you call Lilly or go online tip there website they offer patient assistance depending on your income.
I currently receive Cymbalta from Lilly for free. Also if you go to there website they have a coupon for 30 day supply for free.

Also you might want to ask your Dr. if they have any samples as Lilly is really good about supplying Drs. with samples.
Best of luck. Kathy