Anonymous

Is the generic name quetiapane fumerate the same for seroquel and seroquel XR?

As far as I know there is no generic seroquel xr. Frequently this happens, the generic manufacturers don't make the extended release version of a med, or it comes out much later. It would all be quetipine of course.

Anonymous

All generic medications must undergo certain tests to compare them to brand-name medications. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) then looks at these tests to decide if the generics are equivalent to the brand-name medications and assigns a rating to each one.

An "AB" rating means that the FDA has determined that a generic medication is equivalent to a brand-name medication. The generic Seroquel products currently available have an "AB" rating, meaning they should be equivalent to Seroquel.

However, generic medications are allowed to have different inactive ingredients than the brand-name medication. This might include fillers, dyes, or other ingredients that may cause problems for people with allergies or sensitivities.