Is there a generic form of oxycontin called roxycontin?

There will be no generic Oxycontin until at least 2013. Some sort of patent complication with the generic. If you have no insurance Purdue has a Patient Assistance Program to help with the affordability.

balbanese 24 Feb 2012

Also, Roxicontin is a Brand Name, not a generic.

Its not Roxicontin, its Roxicodone and that is the brand name for a short acting form of oxycodone made by Roxane. OxyContin is made by Perdue and they hold the patent on long acting forms of oxycodone since it was reformulated a year or two ago and they stopped all manufacture of generic long acting forms of oxycodone so you can only get the brand name.