Gabapentin - Does neurontin cause weight gain?

It is not clear from your question for what problem, you are taking Gabapentin,Please clear it so as to suggest the medicine, for that particular
disease accordingly.
Hope for the best.

Yes it does cause weight gain and lately I have noticed that it also causes my feet to swell

It causes fluid retention which can lead to weight gain due to swelling.

I have noticed some bloating around the belly - but other than that, I haven't gained weight. Hopefully, you won't either, as no one wants to take a medication that helps with what it is supposed to, but then up gaining weight. I know Seroquel causes fast weight gain... try to stay off of that one! Best wishes for you.

tommy71 23 Apr 2015

I have gained 17 # since Sept '14. My clothes don't fit. All the weight is around my belly too. I take 3600 ml a day, which I have been told is the max. If I go lower the pain of Trigeminal Neuralga worsens. Any idea other than no carb no sugar?

Carter0424 24 Aug 2015

Tommy 71,
I know a patient with Trigeminal Neuralga who could find no relief, until recently he had facial steroid injections and so far so good!