Does fosamax have asprin in it?

Anonymous

Confirm the following information with your Pharmacist / Chemist:

Tablets
Fosamax tablets contain alendronate sodium as the active ingredient and the following inactive ingredients: cellulose, lactose, croscarmellose sodium and magnesium stearate.

Oral Solution
Fosamax oral solution contains alendronate sodium as the active ingredient and the following inactive ingredients: sodium citrate, citric acid, sodium saccharin, artificial raspberry flavor, purified water, sodium
propylparaben and sodium butylparaben.

Take care,

maso.-

It seems almost every day that a similar question is asked and I say the same thing. The drug companies have to tell you if a drug is a combination drug. If it says its fosamax, its not aspirin, tylenol or anything other then fosamax. An example of the way a combination drug would state the active ingredients would be vicodin, which is hydrocodone/acetiminophen. It has both hydrocodone and acetiminophen. Why in the world would you think that a drug for osteoporosis would have aspirin in it?