Flagyl - Is it normal to have itching & hives almost 3 weeks after finishing metronidazole?

Can you provide us with more information.
Did you have to stop Flagyl because of the hives or have they appeared 3 weeks after finishing the course?

If they appeared 3 weeks after finishing the antibiotics I doubt that it is related. Have you tried taking antihistamine tablets such as Zyrtec or Clarinex. Talk to your pharmacist for more advice.

I just came across this post during a desperate search to find answers. I was prescribed Flagyl 500mg 2 times a day, by my Gynecologist for BV. I took all but 3 pills because I was experiencing headaches. Once I stopped I broke out in hives and was itching profusely. At first it was off and on for a week. Then the 8th day, the hives came and never left. It seems its getting worse. I went to the emergency room but when I got there, there were no hives to show the Dr. So I began to take pictures whenever they would appear. It is now 9 days later and I am still experiencing this. It is very frustrating as I have never experienced anything like this in my life until now. Please help. Thanks