My fibromyalgia is really bad today. does anyone notice if bad weather makes the pain worse?

Anonymous

I totally agree with the others responses. I have felt like a meterologist for years. I can usualy predict the weather two days ahead of time if it's going to rain or snow. My husband is the same as he has fibro too, & we just huddle up with our heating pads on these miserable days. It does help if you can keep moving, but I totally undestand what you are saying. You are definately not alone...

Yes Suzy-q, my aches and pains repond totally to the weather. Especially,
the rain and damp, dark gloominess. D-Quared

suzy-q 20 Oct 2012

Thank you

I like what Kaismama said so I will be investing in a heating blanket soon!!! That sounds fabulous. Up until this last week, no one could get me to turn the AC off!! Lol.

I notice the rain and cold effect me and makes pain worse. I can tell anyone two days before rain is coming. I'm still trying to find relief from the effects the weather plays on me also.

Anonymous

Actually, there have been studies that prove that barometric changes affect fibro.

Barometric changes are terrible especially during tornado season! I feel like my neck pressure is going ti blow my head 50 ft in the air :(

Definately it does. You can forecast the weather by me. lolol. Its been absolutely gorgeous here for the past few days, and its really helped.

suzy-q 14 Oct 2012

Thanks its windy and getting ready to rain. My muscles are also spazing really bad it my leg.

kaismama 14 Oct 2012

When its like that, I take those miserable legs to bed and turn on my elec blanket, the heat feels wonderful.

Yes it does. The last wk my flare up have been terrible. I hurt so bad i cant hold anything. My fatiuge is bad i cud sleep all day. At night i hurt more at nite so i cant sleep. I can tell when its gonna b cold ir gonna rain.

Absolutely!! I lived in Puerto Rico for 15 years and then Florida but I recently moved to Chicago over a year ago and all my symptoms just sky rocketed since moving to Chicago. Still when I lived in the warmer climates my body changed with the months and it is always more painful in fall winter and spring no matter where I lived. Changing had a lot to do with it. Maybe air pressure or something influences the bones and muscles. You would think that they would figure out what it is so they can turn it OFF!!!

Anonymous

YES, I'm having one of those days today. My doctor gave me extra Effexor for days like this. Try heat & ice, hot baths and keeping warm. I find the cold makes me worse too.

Anonymous

Yes, it's the barometric pressure! If it is anywhere near 29:50 and 30:50. It is awful for me and the closer to 29:95, the worst, for me!

I know it is cold out side before I look out the window. Also rainy days my body start retaining fluid. Aches and pains. : (

Yes the barometric pressure has a Big effect. Also the changes of the seasons makes your pain worse.

Fibromyalgia makes simple things cause HUGE pain flare ups. It definitely is a battle constantly. Hang in there. Kathy

Hello. It is a real medical condition know as weather sensitivity syndrome. I've had 5 spinal fusion back surgeries, severe arthritis in my spine and fibromyalgia, amongst others. My orthopedic surgeon sent me to a specialist. He is the Dr that educated and diagnosed me with weather sensitivity, I always have the worst unbearable pain when it rains. I never new it was a real condition until I met with him. He has written many books and specializes in rare and unusual conditions. He lectures all over the world. His name is Dr. Swartz out of piedmont pain and rehabilitation center in Greenville SC. He has a website where u can find all information on this condition and many more. Good luck and I hope this helps. Stay strong in mind and spirit. God bless.

PoisonAlice 23 Feb 2013

I had no idea that that condition really existed! My doctor has even mentioned that he noticed my pain cycles quite noticeably with the seasons and extreme weather shifts! Though, it really doesn't help one bit that I live not just in upstate NY, but in a valley closed in all around by "mountains" (they're technically mountains, by name, but we call them hills here), so everything kinda gets trapped in here, it's also one of the worst places in the state to be during allergy season, as the pollen gets trapped because the air can't wisk it away like a place that's not trapped in by mountains. It's kind of like living in the bottom of a bowl, that's the best way to visualize it, and the edges of the bowl are the mountains surrounding the city (again, city by name, but it's more like a town).

suzy-q 25 Feb 2013

thank you. I am going to look up this info for so help. My leg and knee have been awful. Been limping and wearing a knee brace for a month. Never bothered me before like this.Have had fibro since about 2004. Never know whats going to hurt next.

The weather ABSOLUTELY makes the fibro worse. I have Fibro, RA, and OA and I always know when there will be rain. Humidity also bothers my conditions as well as extemes in weather which is really fun since I live in New England. Good luck

Page 1 2 Next