29 Jun 2010
* For treating anemia due to insufficient iron (iron-deficiency anemia) in adults: 50-100 mg elemental iron is given three times daily. For children with iron deficiency anemia: the dose is 4-6 mg/kg per day divided into three doses. Treatment is usually continued 6 months to build up the body’s iron reserves. Two to three months of treatment may reverse anemia without rebuilding the supply of stored iron. Iron deficiency due to ongoing uncontrolled bleeding requires continuous iron therapy.
* For improving thinking skills in iron-deficient adolescents: 650 mg ferrous sulfate twice daily.
* For reducing cough associated with a class of blood pressure medicinces called angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors: 256 mg ferrous sulfate daily.
Hope the info is of help to you? However it would be better to seek medical help, best of luck!
- Ferrous Fumarate Information for Consumers
- Ferrous Fumarate Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Ferrous Fumarate (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Ferrous sulfate has 65mg elemental iron per 325 mg, dried ferrous sulfate has 50mg elemental iron per 160mg. The RDA percentage listed on the bottles ...
1 answer • 22 Sep 2009
... anemia, i was told post op to start taking an OTC iron supplement. But there are so many and i am confused which one to take. Dr made no ...
1 answer • 20 Nov 2009
will heavy alchol consumption interfer with the effects of taking Ferrous sulfate orally for a person with Iron Deficiency Anemia
3 answers • 15 May 2011
All supermarkets sell Iron tablets 14mg for so cheap and what is the difference in a prescribed ones witch does cost a lot more..
2 answers • 17 Oct 2013
Iron Deficiency Anemia - My daughter age 32 has had extreme fatigue and feeling ill for four years,?
... her ferritin level has always been low, she has been given Ferrous Fumerate 210mg twice a day by her Doctor which have brought the level up from ...
1 answer • 25 Jun 2014