29 Jun 2010
* For treating anemia due to insufficient iron (iron-deficiency anemia) in adults: 50-100 mg elemental iron is given three times daily. For children with iron deficiency anemia: the dose is 4-6 mg/kg per day divided into three doses. Treatment is usually continued 6 months to build up the body’s iron reserves. Two to three months of treatment may reverse anemia without rebuilding the supply of stored iron. Iron deficiency due to ongoing uncontrolled bleeding requires continuous iron therapy.
* For improving thinking skills in iron-deficient adolescents: 650 mg ferrous sulfate twice daily.
* For reducing cough associated with a class of blood pressure medicinces called angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors: 256 mg ferrous sulfate daily.
Hope the info is of help to you? However it would be better to seek medical help, best of luck!
- Ferrous Fumarate Information for Consumers
- Ferrous Fumarate Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Ferrous Fumarate (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
... anemia, i was told post op to start taking an OTC iron supplement. But there are so many and i am confused which one to take. Dr made no ...
1 answer • 20 Nov 2009
I have been given ferrous fumarate 210mg and have to take three times daily, been on them one week and have now developed the 'runs really ...
1 answer • 7 May 2011
Iron Deficiency Anemia - My daughter age 32 has had extreme fatigue and feeling ill for four years,?
... her ferritin level has always been low, she has been given Ferrous Fumerate 210mg twice a day by her Doctor which have brought the level up from ...
1 answer • 25 Jun 2014
Iron Deficiency Anemia - I am Pescitarian and eat/drink a very iron rich diet incl curly kale, beans
... and lentils, water cress etc. I have been told I have iron def anaemia. Can it just be the lack of meat or what?
1 answer • 2 Feb 2015
Ferrous Fumarate - Ive been taking ferrous fumerate now for three months my blood results have come?
... back fine.can I stop taking them now?
1 answer • 7 days ago