How far in must you place the BDR suppository (for nausea relief)?

It only needs to be inserted so that it is just past the anal sphincter (about 1 inch for adults). It may pop out if it is not past the sphincter
It may help to moisten the tip with water to allow for easier insertion and remain lying or sitting down for a few minutes after insertion.

timot 26 Sep 2012

Got it. Thanks! I'd never used a suppository of any sort before. I asked the pharmacist several questions, but I didn't think of this one until I was inserting the suppository.