I have been dealing with severe discoid lupus for years. To the point where I have lost the hair on top of my head, and have leasions across my face, ears, chest and arms. I currently take plaqunil and predizone and my doctor now wants to try Methotrexate.
I guess what I am interested in finding out is what others have experienced using this drug, ie side effects, successes, set backs etc. I am anxious to find something that will help clear my leasions as not only are they painful but I am so tired to people staring and rude comments. Not to mention I would I would love to just feel better. I'm nervous that this is a chemo med so I guess I don't really know what to expect. Any information you can provide will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. (Side note I have a 9 yr old son will this medication lower my immune system a lot?)