I would like to know what to expect coming off of Prednisone?

Hello CorkyBoo. It would help to know how long and what dose you have been taking. If it is a quick dose pack for ten days or so. Your condition should have improved and no lasting side effects.

If long term, it must be very carefully weened down or you can have many problems, some dangerous. Of course, never stop on your own. You need a physician to help with this.

Please provide more information and I would be happy to help with your situation.

CorkyBoo 9 Jan 2013

I have been on it since November 5th,2012 40 mg
The doc wants me to go from 40mg to 20mg Started that this morning... I am very puffy & swollen... gained 43.2lbs. in the 3 month period...

endlessPred 9 Jan 2013

Thanks. Forty to thirty may go well for you. Usually it is thirty for two weeks, then twenty for two and so forth unless you have a problem.

At this point as you taper, you will notice less puffy face first and foremost. As you get down to fifteen your face will be much more normal. Weight will slowly reduce as well. Be careful with diet and be sure you don't over eat. I find around fifteen is when I get really hungry. Stay in control, because more food is weight gain and not prednisone weight.