Can I eat grapefruit if I take simvastatin?

Anonymous

Hello Amy;

Grapefruit and grapefruit juice may interact with simvastatin and lead to potentially dangerous effects. Do not drink more than 1 quart of grapefruit juice daily.

Avoid eating foods that are high in fat or cholesterol. Simvastatin will not be as effective in lowering your cholesterol if you do not follow a cholesterol-lowering diet plan.

Avoid drinking alcohol. It can raise triglyceride levels and may increase your risk of liver damage.

No, no, and gain-NO. It can do permanent liver damage among other bad side effects.

Anonymous 12 Jan 2013

Hello Meyati, I hope you are feeling well.

Take care, your friend

masso.-

meyati 12 Jan 2013

I'm feeling okay-Thanks-- I'm half done-1 treatment short of that. One little tumor seems to gone, the big one is shrinking. My lip couldn't heal from the surgery because of a tumor in it, but the tumor is shrinking and my lip is finally healing. I'm having a little acne from the radiation-which some people do, but no new tumors are popping up.