Will doxy-cycl hycl work on abscessed tooth?

yes it will This is a very good antibiotic used to kill MRSA Staph I am sure it will rid you of that abcess. Your question caught my attention because I have an abcessed tooth right now and the dentist gave me some ampicillin 500mgs three times a day and tried to give me some motrin but I refused that . I told her I was taking motrin at home and it did not ease the pain thats why I am here . Well she changed it to Tylenol 3 . One tab every 4-6 hrs I had to take two . My tooth was killing me. painful all night for 3 days because that ampicillin is not effective enought for the abcess. I called her home and complained She said go to the ER I said no just call in another antibiotic.(She must have just finished dentist school seemed scared) Cipro works well also . Hopes this helps

Only your doctor can answer this question, because only they know the specifics of your situation.

Alternatively, you could call your pharmacist for free advice!