Does Vicodin have codeine in it?

No, Vicodin is hydrocodone and tylenol. It is a opiate pain killer... Dave

Do NOT use Vicodin if:

you are allergic to any ingredient in Vicodin or any other codeine- or morphine-related medicine (eg, codeine, oxycodone)

Anonymous 24 May 2011

I'm allergic to codeine and hydrocodone but not morphine or oxycodone. I'm also allergic to dilaudid which is the synthetic of morphine. While it's likely that if your allergic to codeine and hydrocodone you'll also be allergic to the other meds you listed it's not an absolute that you are.

Anonymous

I take hydrocodone 10/325mg every 4 hours for chrontic pain, am allergic to morphine so don't get the answer given. I can also take codeine.

Anonymous

Vicodin has hydrocodone and acetimitophen. Hydrocodone is a synthetic form of codiene.