Does the Efferxor xr make you gain weight? My dr told me it would help me loose weight.?

I gained weight and lost interest in exercise and nobody can force me when I don't want to . I get very belligerent about excercise since Effexor

Depends. Effexor XR can actually cause changes in appetite - so if you find yourself eating more you would be more likely to gain weight. Some people find they lose their appetite so they will be the lucky ones who lose the extra pounds. It does look like weight loss is more common than weight gain though - good luck.

I have gained around 45# since beginning Effexor... :-(

cao1955 5 Jun 2013

I thought it was just me... I gained 50# while on Effexor XR I weaned myself off that stuff :( I did NOT need to gain any weight

I have actually noticed that I don't feel as hungry as I used to, and I have lost about 10 pounds since I started taking it at 150 mg. I believe it really depends on the persons individual reaction to the drug though.

Well... a side effect is weight loss but I have found that when I am calm, I tend to eat more and be a little more sedentary.