24 Apr 2010
* NSAIDs may cause an increased risk of serious cardiovascular thrombotic events, myocardial infarction, and stroke, which can be fatal. This risk may increase with duration of use. Patients with cardiovascular disease or risk factors for cardiovascular disease may be at greater risk. (See WARNINGS.)
* Sulindac is contraindicated for the treatment of peri-operative pain in the setting of coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery.
* NSAIDs cause an increased risk of serious gastrointestinal adverse events including bleeding, ulceration, and perforation of the stomach or intestines, which can be fatal. These events can occur at any time during use and without warning symptoms. Elderly patients are at greater risk for serious gastrointestinal events.
For more details please read: http://www.drugs.com/cdi/clinoril.html
24 Apr 2010
From what I read, it can cause stomach and intestinal pain. There are other side effects like dizziness, slight headaches, but I copied this part from the medication info. Please don't let it upset you but it is important.
"Most important fact about Sulindac
You should have frequent checkups with your doctor if you take Clinoril regularly. Ulcers or internal bleeding can occur without warning.
Read more: http://www.drugs.com/mtm/sulindac.html
I would suggest calling your doctor and let them know the pain you are having. I'm sure it's ok, but please be safe and call.
I hope you feel better soon.
- Sulindac Information for Consumers
- Sulindac Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Sulindac (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Taking 400 mg/day for "progressive-chronic joint disease" of the neck.
1 answer • 28 Oct 2009
After taking med. I can't stay awake for more then an hour. I take a nap. Note: on med for only 3 days.
2 answers • 5 Apr 2010
The patient has been using oxycodone after knee surgery - 6 weeks ago and is ceasing its use... however there have been noted side effects - not ...
2 answers • 14 Aug 2010
... above my pelvis. Feels like I have to empty my bladder but I don't its are my waistline. And I am have quick pin prick stabbing pains around ...
5 answers • 11 Jul 2011
4 answers • 14 Aug 2013