Does sulindac cause pain in the side or is it gastrointestinal?

Cardiovascular Risk

* NSAIDs may cause an increased risk of serious cardiovascular thrombotic events, myocardial infarction, and stroke, which can be fatal. This risk may increase with duration of use. Patients with cardiovascular disease or risk factors for cardiovascular disease may be at greater risk. (See WARNINGS.)
* Sulindac is contraindicated for the treatment of peri-operative pain in the setting of coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery.

Gastrointestinal Risk

* NSAIDs cause an increased risk of serious gastrointestinal adverse events including bleeding, ulceration, and perforation of the stomach or intestines, which can be fatal. These events can occur at any time during use and without warning symptoms. Elderly patients are at greater risk for serious gastrointestinal events.

For more details please read: http://www.drugs.com/cdi/clinoril.html

From what I read, it can cause stomach and intestinal pain. There are other side effects like dizziness, slight headaches, but I copied this part from the medication info. Please don't let it upset you but it is important.

"Most important fact about Sulindac

You should have frequent checkups with your doctor if you take Clinoril regularly. Ulcers or internal bleeding can occur without warning.

Read more: http://www.drugs.com/mtm/sulindac.html

I would suggest calling your doctor and let them know the pain you are having. I'm sure it's ok, but please be safe and call.

I hope you feel better soon.
Chris